What are the chances that you will find love?
This and many more you will find in our collection of the best dating statistics in 2019.
Building a relationship is hard work and no matter what level you are; either you are happy in your relationship or you are struggling with a failing relationship, I have compiled a list of some of the best relationship and dating statistics from around the web.
These statistics include new studies on relationship and dating. You will find answers to some of the following questions:
- How long does a relationship last?
- How many relationships do the average person before marriage?
- How long does a rebound relationship last?
- How soon should you start dating after a breakup?
- How easy is it to win an ex back?
- How long does an average person stay before starting to date again?
See also a list of long-distance relationship statistics and facts
35 Relationship Statistics and Facts
- 56% of Americans believes in love at first sight (source)
- Do you know that men typically fall in love faster than woman
- 11% of men want to date someone after being ghosted by them (source)
- 74% of couples bought a new mattress when they started dating.
- The average time it takes for couples to break up is 4 months
- Women who post a photo on Internet dating sites receive twice as many email messages as women who don’t. The same study found that men who reported incomes higher than $250,000 received 156% more email than those with $50,000
- On free dating sites, at least 10% of new accounts are from scammers.
- Four out of 10 workplace dating relationships result in marriage
- 50% of couples wait around 1 month before they have their first sex. The shortest time was 2 weeks while some waited as long as 6months
- Around 40% of couples met for the first time online
- The number of men initiating conversations online has increased, from 6% in 2008 to 30% in 2018. What’s more, when women do make the first move, they receive 15% less communication than men. (source)
- In Nigeria, unfaithfulness is the highest reason for divorce. According to statistics by the Nigeria Bureau of Statistics, 0.2% and 0.3% of women ended their marriage due to this singular reason
- Rate of divorce in the UK has dropped to about 18%. However, more people are unhappy in their relationship
- If you are in the UK and marriage before the age of 30, you are likely in the minority and not the majority (source)
- 28% of women consider online dating to be the best way to meet a partner, while 46% of ladies aren’t really sure about it. The statistics aren’t really that different to men, with 25% of men considering online dating to be the best way to meet a partner and 50% being unsure of what to think of it.
- 26% of all users of online dating applications have used the reverse image search.
- The dating market is huge and has lots of ways in which people meet each other, 26% of its revenue is due to the online dating apps alone.
- Let’s talk about some dating site statistics. The most popular online services for dating are Tinder (41% of the market share), Match (33%), PlentyOfFish (27%), OkCupid (24%).
- Here’s a good trend, as around 18% of all people who got engaged in the US in 2018 started their relationships in dating apps. Let’s continue on this topic, users of dating apps spend less time on dating before making it official than people who meet each other in traditional ways.
- When it comes to lies that people use to avoid having a date with another person, 31% of women said that they had had a schedule conflict, 19% said something that was related to work, 19% said that it had been an exhausting day, 11% of women pretended that something new came up, and they weren’t able to go on a date.
- Who should pay on a first date? Well 51% of women offered to pick up the bill at an after a first date(source)
- If you need to wait for more than 24hours after the first date for him to call you, there is only a 12% chance that he will. You can well, move on (source)
- On average, people spend an average of 1hours 30 min on the dating app every day. (source)
- Most men lie about their age and height on an online dating platform while women lie about their weight.
- Hate your first marriage? Well, then you need to know this. 60% of second marriages also end in a divorce. (source)
- 57% of Americans have had sex outdoors.
- 48% of American women have faked an orgasm.
- 30% of men over 30 have paid for sex.
- For the average couple, sex lasts 19 minutes that includes 10 minutes of foreplay, by the way.(source)
- If you can survive the first 3months of your relationship, then your relationship has a fighting chance of lasting up to 4 years. (source)
- There seem to be more people living alone these days. According to this research, more than42% of singles live alone and are without a partner.
- The richest couples surveyed were less likely to be happy than those with less money. In fact, couples who earn $20,000 or less argue less frequently than couples who earn $250,000 to $500,000.
- Marriage couples share similar DNA (source)
- More men are likely to remarry than women. Blame it on the testosterone
- Typical UK couples now date an average of 4.9 years before marrying. (source)
- 64% of women prefer a husband who earns more money than they do.
If you find any statistics, you want us to reference, you can share with me.