Sex position guide!
Yes, that is what this article is all about.
In this piece, we want to tell you everything you need to know about sex positions.
In this piece, you will learn
- What are sex positions
- Different types of sex positions
- Sex position myths busted
- Why understanding sex positions is important
- 13 best sex positions you should try.
What are the best sex positions that experts swear by?
Listen, there are tons of things you can do to prevent your relationship from failing or becoming boring. One of them is working on and improving intimacy in your relationship.
According to a study, happy couples have sex more than 3 times in a week.
But it is not enough to have sex 3 times a week, it is necessary that the sex is not dull or the position is not repetitive.
To keep things interesting, sex cannot be monotonous or it will turn off anybody. The secret knows how to make intimacy fun and this means knowing the right sex positions and when to apply it to add spice to your relationship.
What is Sex Position
A sex position is
Types of Sex Positions
Sex positions can be classified based on different factors and criteria. Some of the major classifications you will come across include:
Sex Position Myths
The truth is that as much as we try to shy away from it, all things being equal, sex is important to us as humans. So it is to be expected that there will be so many theories attached to it. Some are indeed true but some are simply myths and should not be taken seriously.
- One of the major sexual myths is that you cannot get pregnant with some sex positions. This is very untrue. It probably stems from the fact that people think if you are lying down in a missionary position, the sperm gets faster to the woman’s eggs but no matter the position, sperm always seeks out eggs. They are made together, so it doesn’t matter whether you are standing or hanging, you can get pregnant.
- A missionary position builds intimacy than others. This is not totally true because the point of sex positions in the first place is to have different styles to try and not just have a monotonous sex life. So the fact that you are trying to spice up your sex life most likely means there is intimacy present and trying different sex positions will enhance your intimacy, not destroy it.
- Another myth is that you will like all the positions because humans like variety. There are certain positions you might not like. Don’t push yourself or your partner too hard if that happens. Try to keep an open mind and not be rigid; but if you don’t like it, communicate with your partner and also understand with your partner as well to find a common ground to make things work.
Why is Sex position important?
As mentioned earlier, it is important to learn and explore different sex positions so as to add spice to your relationship. Monotony breeds boredom and boredom is not good for any relationship.
Advantages of trying different sex positions
There are different advantages to exploring different sex positions in a relationship
- For visual stimulation: Different sex positions allow for seeing different parts of your partner’s body or concentrating on different parts of their body. For the men especially, those who are visual beings, this is a huge turn-off. They get to have different parts of your body to concentrate on as you switch things up with different styles.
- For Orgasm: As mentioned earlier, there might be some positions that you or your partner will not care for. In the same vein, there will be positions that you would absolutely love. Depending on the woman, for instance, her g-spot might be stimulated when you do other styles apart from missionary and that would increase her chances of getting orgasm faster. And for the man too, stimulating him visually as he can see himself pleasuring you can also increase his chances of getting orgasm faster.
- In the case of a small penis or a really big one, trying some other positions might help with that. Sometimes, it is not really the size but how to work with it. So trying other positions can help achieve that.
- It spices up the relationship and makes it more interesting. It keeps the relationship from being boring and gives you both something to look forward to always.
- You get to play around with different emotions and feelings. Different positions will bring out different feelings in you and that is bound to make sex and your relationship more interesting.
13 Best Sex Positions Everyone Should Know
- Cow girl
- Reverse cow girl
- Lap Dance
1: Cow Girl: The cowgirl is also called the woman on top position. In this position, the man is lying with his back down while the woman is on top straddling the man and facing him. She could either tilt towards him like the man would if it was a missionary position or she sits upright.
2: Reverse Cowgirl: The reverse cowgirl is similar to the cowgirl but in this case, she is straddling and backing him. He has a good view of her butt but not her face.
3: Doggy style: Doggy style is quite popular. It is arguably the most popular after the missionary style. In this style, the woman is to get on her knees and hands with her back to the man while he also kneels behind her penetrating from behind. In another case, he can stand behind her if she is kneeling on the edge of a high platform from where he can penetrate easily.
4: Missionary Style: Missionary style is arguably the most popular style. It is the typical style that most couples use and many have argued about how intimate it is. The missionary style sees the man on top of the woman while the couple is facing each other. It also allows for other things while penetration is going on; like kissing, for instance.
5: Bull: With the bull sex position, the man sights upright with his legs wide apart facing the woman and the woman lies in between his legs with her legs on his shoulders.
6: Cradle: With this position, the man sits on his legs behind the woman. The woman straddles him with her back pressed against him and while he is penetrating her, he can have easy access to caress her body from the back.
7: Groundhog: The groundhog makes the woman lay on her stomach while the man straddles her on his knees to penetrate from behind.
8: Guard: With the guard sex position, the woman is lying on her stomach with her legs wide open and her pelvis lifted. The man kneels facing her supporting her thighs on his legs, makes it easy for both of them to move without the weight of lifting being on the man.
9: Hanger: This would need a lot of balance because it is not the most comfortable position. The woman is positioned upside down with her hands on the floor and her legs around the man’s neck and head. He, on the other hand, stands behind her but facing her and supports her by holding onto her thighs.
10: Lap Dance: This position is basically giving the man a lap dance while sex is going on. The man sits comfortably on a chair and a woman sits on his lap or straddles him. She could sit facing him or with her back to him while riding him.
11: Lotus: This position makes the man sits cross-legged, while the woman sits on his lap, facing him mirroring a similar position except that her legs are crossed around his waist. So basically, they are wrapped against each other.
12: Dancer: With this style, the couple seems like they are dancing to slow music. They are wrapped against each other while standing. They might need to tilt a little away from each other to find a better angle and ensure maximum stimulation because the attraction of this position is the clitoral stimulation from her pelvis grinding against the man’s erection. In case of great height difference, a platform can be used.
13: Rodeo: The rodeo sex position is also called the reverse cowgirl and it has been explained above. The man lies down on his back and the woman straddles him but with her back to him.
7 Rules for Having Great Sex all The Time
Now that you know the top sex positions, how can you ensure that you have great sex all the time?
- Keep an Open Mind: Great sex is all about keeping an open mind. You can’t have
a goodsex if you are so concerned about what is going to happen. The secret to making sure you enjoy sex with your partner is to keep an open mind all the time. Be willing to discuss what you want, what you don’t like and what you will like to try.
- Avoid Selfishness: Selfishness is the first time to destroy happiness in your sex life. To give great sex, you have to stop thinking about yourself. Every great sex is about giving pleasure to your partner. No matter what position you pick, think first about how you can satisfy your partner
- Pleasure First: Pleasure first is the first thing
ofhaving great sex. No matter what you do, give and recievepleasure. Which ledsus to the next point.
- Communicate: Communication is key in a relationship. Learn to ask what your partner is comfortable with, what they want and how they want it. Sometimes communication is both verbal and non-verbal so try to watch out for those unspoken words
Sex is all about intimacy and not be selfish. Depending on the state of your relationship, you may want to seek relationship counseling or get some relationship tips if you think sexual intimacy in your relationship needs improvement.
However by simply giving each sex position mentioned in this article a try, you can spice up your love life.
Now over to you. Which is your favorite sex position?
The best sex positions for women includes the doggy style, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl and luguninary sex position
The best sex position for men is the doggy style, the luguninary sex position and missionary sex position.
The award of the most voted sex position is the doggy style. This style is preferred by both men and women because it allows for deep penetration of the vagina while giving the man the freedom to thrust his pelvis and also caress much of the woman’s body